Your adventurous settlers seek to tame the remote but rich isle of Catan. Start by revealing Catan's many harbours and regions: pastures, fields, mountains, hills, forests, and desert. Acquire your resources through trades, cards or lucky dice (even outside your turn). Use resource combinations of grain, wool, orGe, brick, and lumber to build roads, settlements, and cities. Buy handy development cards. But beware! Someone might cut off your road or play a monopoly car.
Watch out, you never know when the wily robber might steal some of your precious gains! Guide your settlers to victory by clever trading and cunning development. The random mix creates a different board virtually every game. No two games are the same!
At the start, each player places two small houses on points where terrain hexes meet. When a number on a terrain hex matches a number rolled. Each player places two small houses on spaces where three of the terrain hexes meet, as the starting settlements.
Each player who owns a settlement adjacent to a terrain hex marked with the number rolled receives a resource produced by this hex.
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2012 JoTa Best Game Released in Brazil Nominee
- 2012 JoTa Best Game Released in Brazil Critic Award
- 2011 Ludo Award Best Board Game Editor's Choice Winner
- 2005 Gra Roku Game of the Year
- 2004 Hra roku Winner
- 2004 Hra roku Nominee
- 2002 Japan Boardgame Prize Best Japanese Game Nominee
- 2001 Origins Awards Hall of Fame Inductee
- 1996 Origins Awards Best Fantasy or Science Fiction Board Game Winner
- 1995 Spiel des Jahres Winner
- 1995 Meeples' Choice Award