The boundaries between worlds have drawn perilously thin…
Arkham Horror: The Card Game is a cooperative Living Card Game® set amid a backdrop of Lovecraftian horror. As the Ancient Ones seek entry to our world, one to two investigators (or up to four with two Core Sets) work to unravel arcane mysteries and conspiracies.
Their efforts determine not only the course of your game, but carry forward throughout whole campaigns, challenging them to overcome their personal demons even as Arkham Horror: The Card Game blurs the distinction between the card game and roleplaying experiences.
Arkham Horror: The Card Game blurs the lines between traditional card gaming and roleplaying experiences. Players assume the roles of unique investigators marked by specific strengths and weaknesses.
Lovecraftian mystery and madness! Risk your health and sanity in adventures full of cultists, monsters, and forbidden rituals.
You become one of the game's investigators, complete with a unique set of strengths and flaws. Even though you'll be fighting monsters that defy explanation, you'll still be all too human.
Regardless of which investigator you become, you'll begin play with a number of different strengths and weaknesses. Some of these are indicated by your double-sided investigator card. Others are built into your deck.
You are besieged by monsters and madness, and you must gather enough clues to get through the card deck before the forces of evil progress through their agenda card deck.
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2018 As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année Expert Nominee
- 2017 SXSW Tabletop Game of the Year Winner
- 2017 RPC Fantasy Award Board Game Winner
- 2017 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Two-players Winner
- 2016 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
- 2016 Golden Geek Best Thematic Board Game Nominee
- 2016 Golden Geek Best Solo Board Game Nominee
- 2016 Golden Geek Best Cooperative Game Nominee
- 2016 Golden Geek Best Card Game Winner
- 2016 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork & Presentation Nominee
- 2016 Golden Geek Best 2-Player Board Game Nominee
- 2016 Board Game Quest Awards Best Coop Game Nominee