Set thousands of years in the future, Dune the board game is based on the Frank Herbert novels about an arid Planet At the heart of the human space Empire's political machinations.
Imagine you can control the forces of a noble family, guild, or religious order on a barren Planet which is the only source for the most valuable substance in the known universe. Imagine you can rewrite the script for one of the most famous science fiction books of all time.
Welcome to the acclaimed 40-year-old board game which allows you to recreate the incredible world of Frank Herbert's Dune. In Dune, you will become the leader of one of six great factions. Each wishes to control the most valuable resource in the universe - melange, the mysterious spice only found at great cost on the planet Dune.
Each player will control their own factions who all have access to armies, leaders, and special abilities. The aim of the game is to successfully control Dune by holding the majority of major cities by the end of a game round.
A game round consists of 9 phases;
1) Storm - The storm moves around the map, destroying any players armies and valuable spice that are not in the protection of mountains or cities.
2) Spice Blow - Spice bursts from the world of Dune and is visible to players, enabling them to collect it, if they can get there and defend it first! Spice can be used to purchase anything in the game, such as favours or information from other players, deadly treachery cards, or reviving and transporting troops.
3) Charity Phase - Any Player that has less than 2 spice can call 'Charity!' which will allow them to collect up to 2 additional spice.
4) Bidding Phase - Three treachery cards are placed on the board and are open to auction between the players without being revealed! These cards could contain valuable weapons able to kill leaders, special abilities, or even useless cards such as a donkey!
5) Revival Phase - Any player now revives any troops that have been killed up to a maximum of 3 per turn.
6) Shipment & Movement - Players can now send reinforcements from Space down onto the planet of Dune to reinforce or defend their cities. They are also able to move their troops already on the planet.
7) Battle Phase - Any players that are now in the same territory must battle until only one survives! Will your opponent use a poison to kill your leader, or will they outmatch you with the sheer number of troops?
8) Spice Harvest Phase - All players collect any spice from territories they currently control.
9) Mentat Pause Phase - Players assess if anybody currently holds enough cities to declare victory, if not, the next round begins!
AWARDS & HONORS